Another week, another competition. Last week, you guys broke the internet with a Kim Kardashian rear-end sized list of cars equipped with factory pop-up headlamps. 384 comments later and the commenting images were broken, and then a rowdy group of readers continued the contest on another page. It was chaos, madness, anarchy, and this sort of behavior is…well…rewarded? Today, you are going to list all of the cars that came equipped with factory forward hinged hoods. I will start.
The Giugiaro designed Isuzu Impulse is one of those funky hinged classics with a hood that will never fly up and obscure your view on the freeway. Forward hinged hoods are great for reaching stuff in the back of the engine bay (or for ridiculously backwards installed Saab engines) but for the most part they are completely inconvenient for any normal maintenance on cars, which is why they are just about extinct. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to name all of the cars there were available as such from the OEM.
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your
browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded
the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post — if
you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his
comment and not a pop-up headlight submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
(We all know why this rule is in place…).
3. The contest will end at a pre-determined (but un-disclosed) time
(could be a minute, could be a month) — and as soon as I determine a winner from the last quiz, this quiz will also get a winner…a prize…perhaps a some free advice or a deed to a bridge…
4. One submission per generation of car.
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one offs).
6. No anonymous submissions — pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.