I was engaged with DT’s Technical Editor CFlo in a spirited battle of “who drives a crappier wagon” (spoiler alert, it is CFlo) when I said with a twinkle in my eye, “you know what DT really needs?” “A 225 degree fahrenheit ethylene glycol enema?” “No…well…maybe…but what I was thinking is that it needs more classic Benzes that are grounded to the ground and powered by BMW inline-6s”. “Oh yeah.” Find this 1968 Mercedes-Benz 250S with BMW power offered for $9000 in Morgan Hill, CA via craigslist. Tip from Rock On!
From the seller:
Clean title 1968 Mercedes Benz 250s with a BMW m50 motor from a 92 526i and transmission from a 87 325i 4 speed automatic that works with the factory column shifter.
Car is also equipped with air ride using accuair vu4 e level management. Front and rear has modified to to go even lower and lay frame when aired out.
This car has little to no rust and a very reliable car, use to be my daily at one point even though I always had another car to drive. Easily did 1000 miles last year for a trip to Southern California without the car skipping a beat.
Here is some of things worth noting that the car comes with.
– 1968 mercedes 250s
– BMW m50 motor (91′ BMW e34 525i)
– BMW 4spd automatic transmission (87′ BMW e30 325i)
– slam specialties bags (ss-5 front/re-6 rear)
– accuair vu4 w/ e level
– 5 gallon aluminum air tank
– dual viair 488c air compressor
– new brake pads
– new rotors
– rebuilt brake calipers
– overhaul front end (bushing, tierods, etc.)
– custom one-off full polished stainless muffler
– rear wood louvers/venetian blinds
– white wash hardwood floor rear parcel shelf
– white wash hardwood floor trunk
– 4″ hertz energy mounted under top dash grill.
– 6.5″ hertz energy mount on rear parcel shelf
– custom center console wrapped in matching cognac vinyl
– wood trims wrapped in white wash vinyl
– 14×6 steelies w/ beauty ring and matching hub caps
Car is for sale only, will not expect any trades. Asking price is $9,000 FIRM there is a lot of things I didn’t list that comes with the car. plenty of photos if requested. you can contact me via email but text would probably be the best for a faster response, if i don’t I respond then it means I’m working and will get back to you when I’m available.
Come and take a look at the car and drive it (money in hand) you won’t be disappointed that’s for sure.
I don’t drive the car as much anymore since I have a new project. This car deserves to go to a good home, where someone would enjoy driving it.
See a better way to polish the earth? email@example.com