Mid Week Match-Up: Hatch-Up
Turkey day is only a few hours away and we are all planning on stuffing our collective faces with delicious food, but first we’ve got to get that food home to our kitchens. And we’ll need a hatchback to get the turkey home, so for this week’s Mid Week Match-Up, I want you to find the best hatchback for sale around the web.
My choice is this 2008 Volkswagen R32 here on eBay bidding for $500 reserve-not-met with a buy-it-now of $8,995.
Slightly used Focus RS on FleaBay.
[image src=" i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rr8AAOSw4GVYMb5p/s-l1600.jpg" width="400px"/]
It clearly says BEST hatchback, not best value or most reliable. I would have posted a Jaguar E-Type but i don't want to be falsely labelled "the E-Type guy" on here so here is This Audi S7 It has a hatch, what more could you want?
Ok maybe you could want a manual trans…..
be the talk of the turkey schleppers in this Bricklin on SF CL
[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00808_kCrYooUoJsM_600x450.jpg" width="450 px"/]
the Wikipedia article is actually a great read – lots i didn't know about these, for example: it's not a kit car at all but actually an independent production line that didn't quite make it – and Canadian – and…
– no cigarette lighter or ashtray as non-smoker Malcolm Bricklin believed it was unsafe to smoke and drive
– only production vehicle in automotive history to have factory *powered* gull-wing doors – DeLorean doors operate manually, Tesla Model X doors are falcon-wing due to the extra hinge
– no VW putt putt, it came with a V8, either an AMC 360 or a Ford Windsor 351
– a tan Bricklin is on display at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento, California – been there, fun place, no fuss just lots of great cars (including a Star Streak, wow!)
– Bricklin claimed that his 'Grey Ghost' prototype was the inspiration behind the DeLorean
This would be my choice:
I have a similar car and LOVE IT. Here is a very low mileage one for sale.
2006 VW GTI
18” Hufweisen wheels