This next car comes as a tip from JB1025 who writes: How dare you hit my Bug eye sprite with the ugly stick! I sorta dig the SP311 style taillight treatment, but the front end just looks sad. Like a bugeye sprite that has lost its friends. Find this 1960 Austin Healey Sprite offered for $7250 in Puyallup, WA via craigslist.
From the seller:
1960 Austin Healey Sprite
cylinders: 4 cylinders
paint color: red
title status: clean
Customized back in the 60’s
• Fiberglass Nose from Corvette Corner out of San Francisco
• Frenched Tail lights
• Smooth running 948cc Engine (48 neck snapping horsepower)
• Ribcage 4 speed transmission (1st gear whines)
• Side draft 40DCOE Weber carburetor (Overkill)
• Electronic Ignition
• Electric Full pump
• 12 volt negative ground alternator
• Freshly pickled Radiator
• New gas tank
• Front disc brakes with later model master cylinder and separate clutch cylinder
• 5 Wire wheels with new tires
• New bushings on front suspension, (have new bushings for rear that need to be installed)
• New carpet kit installed
• New top
• Halogen headlights
• 0-60 Yes!
It’s not the prettiest car going, it has faded paint and it has some scratches and a few rust bubbles, but mechanically you can drive it away. Everything works on the car, all the lights, heater etc. It’s slow with a realistic top speed of 70 to 75 so it’s not a freeway cruiser, it’s happiest about 40 to 50 mph on a twisty back road.
Many extra spares, Smoothcase transmission, SU Carbs w manifold, distributer, gauges, and the list goes on…..
It’s an unique fun toy!
Thanks for your interest
See a better way to get crushed in traffic? tips