Italian Week on Daily Turismo continues with this next beast: Nothing says Italian like a Fiat that was built somewhere near Bombay, India…whoops…I guess it is called Mumbai now and the car was called the Premier Padmini, but would a Fiat 1100 by another other name be as slow? Sure. Find this 1969 Fiat 1100 Delight offered for something from $5000 to $7500 in Houston, TX via craigslist. Tip from Zach.
From the seller:
1969 1969 FIAT 1100
title status: rebuilt
1969 FIAT 1100 (INDIAN VERSION)
– BIN: $7500 OR BEST OFFER
START BIDS FROM $2500
RESERVE MAKE IT $5000
– THIS IS MADE IN INDIA
– RIGHT HAND DRIVE
– HAS ENTIRE ENGINE (ONLY THING MISSING IS ALTERNATOR BRACKET)
– MADE BY PREMIER PADMINI MOTORS OF INDIA IN COLLABORATION WITH FIAT ITALY
– CONVERTED TO LOOK LIKE AN INDIAN TAXI
– I PUT IN NEW UPHOLSTERY. MY MECHANIC WAS PUTTING IN NEW WIRING HARNESS BUT IT WAS TOO COMPLEX FOR HIM AND HE LEFT IT HALF WAY.
– NEEDED AN ALTERNATOR BRACKET FOR THE ENGINE TO WORK.
– LAST TIME IT RAN WAS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN WE STARTED THE WORK AND SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN SITTING.
** GOOD BUY FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN SPEND SOME TIME ON IT & GET IT RUNNING AGAIN **
COMES WITH A CLEAR TITLE. CAR IS IN HOUSTON. IF YOU’D LIKE TO COME SEE IT PLEASE TXT ME
See a better way to drive an Indian taxi? firstname.lastname@example.org