The Geo Tracker might look to the casual observer like another unibody car-based light SUV like Toyota’s RAV4 or Honda’s CRV, but you would be mistaken. The Geo Tracker was developed (alongside the Suzuki Sidekick/Escudo) by a joint venture between GM and Suzuki at a Canadian factory. The Tracker was built on a rugged body-on-frame light truck chassis with a recirculating ball steering box and front-mounted longitudinal engine connected via a 5-speed manual to a hi-lo 2-4 transfer case. It is the real deal when it comes to light SUV off-roading, and at first glance the concept of “investment grade” might seem silly…until you research the prices of used Ford Broncos. Maybe this is an investment. Find this 1997 Geo Tracker offered for $6,921 in Orange County, CA via craigslist.
From the seller:
1997 Geo Tracker
cylinders: 4 cylinders
paint color: grey
title status: clean
Divorce forces sale.
$10,000 off the original sticker…
• Please read the entire post. This is a 24 year old vehicle it is not mint.
• Email through the Craig’s link if interested
• Clean title – not salvage or rebuilt.
• No back fees, registered and insured – daily driven.
• Technically 2 owner vehicle – CarFax avail.
• OBD2 generation vehicle so a plug in reader will spell out any future issues.
• Smog Cert on 8/1 – runs amazingly clean – pic shown of the dyno run.
• Geo Trackers are rebadged Suzuki Sidekick/Vitara which were sold globally. Parts are readily available and cheap (Rock Auto). Support and know how is in great supply on FixKick.com.
$10,000 off the original sticker…
• 1997 Geo Tracker 4 door Base
• Rare – Sage Silver Metallic exterior
• Charcoal Lattice cloth interior
• 1.6L 16 valve
• 5 speed
• Legit 4×4 – locking hubs and “4 wheel low”
• Power Steering
• A/C – blows shockingly cold
• AM/FM radio – no CD or Tape player
• Upgrade speakers in factory locations – Rockford Fosgate in the dash, Kickers in the rear
• 2″ CalMini Lift Kit
• ZukiWorld “Cadillac” shock package
• Full skid plate/armor package
• Ultra 15×7 wheels
• Yokohama Geolanders – 235/75-15 – (roughly 29” (6 months old)
• Wired for flat towing
• 1.25″ Draw-Tite receiver
• Thorley Header – 50 state legal (ceramic internals and Eastwood header paint exterior)
• Walker cat back exhaust (painted with Eastwood silver header paint)
• New plug wires, cap, rotor, plugs, EGR, and 2 O2 sensors (NGK and Bosch)
• Redline Fluids – trans, transfer case, and both diffs
• New clutch cable
This is a daily drivable Tracker as it stands. It has gone to the highest peak in Orange County and out and around Joshua Tree with no issues, this is a very capable vehicle. Massive amount of work has been done in my ownership and I have boxes of parts that go with the Tracker so the next owner can carry on with the preservation of this iconic vehicle.
Side look pretty good. There are some sunburn spots on the hood. The roof is fairly toasted but I have clayed it, waxed, and ceramic coated it to preserve the patina…
Clean and tidy. The previous owner added a couple switches and holders that I have just left. Drivers door panel has a repair done. A new panel and other interior parts that I have not installed will be included in the sale. Crank windows!
Daily driver. It does leak oil but never to the point where I have had to add. All the driveline fluids have been changed out to RedLine.
New front rotors and Raybestos pads. New rear drums and Raybestos shoes. New crank gear and bolt. New Continental water pump and timing belt. A bunch of new seals and gaskets. New front struts, top mounts, and adjusting bolts. Couple hoses. Spark plugs. New factory front timng belt cover. I am sure there is more that I am forgetting.
See a better 4-wheel investment? firstname.lastname@example.org