There are times when a ride in a home built rat rod doesn’t make sense — let’s say you are trying to impress the parents of your new girlfriend. And there are times when a rat rod does make sense — when you are trying to terrify your daughter’s new potential boyfriend. However, in either one of those cases the most important rule to remember is that you shouldn’t spend a bunch of your money on the hulk, but you could let the previous owner spend his time and money building it for you. Find this 1970 Volkswagen Dune Buggy offered for $8575 in Farmington Hills, MI via craigslist. Tip from Rock On!
From the seller:
1970 VW Dune Buggy
condition: like new
cylinders: 4 cylinders
paint color: black
title status: clean
2018 VW Dune Buggy / Roadster Pickup
The “Devil Boy Hot Rod”
Built in 2018 by Athena Custom Works in a traditional Hot Rod Style, using a 1970 VW Bug (Type 1) Chassis, VW Type 1 1776 cc engine and 4-speed transmission. He starts runs and stops perfect. Everything is new or rebuilt.
Only 736 miles.
• Shortened 14 ½ “ VW Type 1 (Bug) Chassis with new German Floor Pans Installed
• IRS Rear Suspension
• Pro built 1776 cc engine
• 32/36 Progressive Carburetor, With Electric Choke
• Dual Port Heads
• Doghouse Style Oil Cooler
• Custom Built Side Exit Exhaust with Wrap
• New Tires Front and Rear
• Custom Remote Oil Filter Adaptor
• VDO Cockpit Royale Series Gauges
• New 2″ Narrowed Ball Joint Beam, With Adjusters
• Disk brakes, Front and Rear
• Custom Seats
• Custom Steel 1936 Chevy pickup bed, tailgate and gate latches
• Pin Striped by Johnny Z
• No lack of attention to detail
• Sale includes Storage Cover and Batter Trickle Charger
Look at the photos carefully because they are the best description of Devil Boy.
Please don’t make any offers with help in selling this ride.
No joyriders or tire kickers.
Don’t ask if I will trade.
I will only take cash or certified bank check.
See a better way to drive with vintage slicks? firstname.lastname@example.org