1. Bobinott
    February 23, 2017 @ 4:20 pm

I am a Jaguar fan, but I have no problem with this car. Very nicely done. And the original Jag is in really nice condition. I always loved the shape of the XJ body, and this should be easy to own and operate if all the glitches were properly looked after. Too far away from me, but for $3900…..

February 23, 2017 @ 5:51 pm

Looks great! But… Having grown up in Dayton OH and seeing almost every car turn into a pile of rust I would check very carefully for cancer below the belt line.

3. J. ENGLAND
    February 23, 2017 @ 9:20 pm

wonder what the battery signifies…wooden? wedge under the base, thin wires, seemingly nothing keeping it from flying across the engine compartment. Maybe this is over analyzing and other things are installed more professionally, or I misread the picture. FWIW.

• Maximus
      February 24, 2017 @ 1:54 am

That bungie cord does not give me confidence especially with the exposed fan that is one suddenly hard braking event away from becoming shrapnel in the engine compartment. I've heard some pretty ugly stories of cooling fan shrapnel second hand.

4. Paul Wells
    February 24, 2017 @ 2:12 pm

I was trying to figure out why the green gizmo on the negative terminal of the battery was used. It looks like it changes the vertical post to a horizontal post. Why not just clamp the old and bent ground wire directly to the post? Other than the battery issues which could be fixed easily, the original wiring should probably be replaced to avoid a future Lucas Flambe. Then head to your nearest British car show, do a one minute brakestand and jump out and yell "Howdy, how y'all doin?" Then listen for the enraged rattling of the teacups…

• Bobinott
      February 24, 2017 @ 10:27 pm

The green gizmo is a "battery off" knob. I put them on my collector cars so I can easily disconnect the battery when I leave it parked for several days.

• Bobinott
      February 24, 2017 @ 10:30 pm

As in:

princessauto.com/en/detail/top-post-battery-master-cut-off-switch/A-p4210962e

5. David Sanborn
    February 25, 2017 @ 4:50 am

Holy smokes 30,000 miles? Good grief someone buy this, stat!