Welcome to latest edition of the Thursday Twister, where the questioned are asked and the answers are questioned. This week, we are going to find all the cars where auto manufacturers chose to put the blinkers above the headlights.
Whenever somebody talks about strangely placed blinkers, the legendary Pontiac Aztec comes back into focus. Its visage is etched into your memory, and like the image of your aunt Doris’s undercarriage from the time her robe cracked open a bridge too far on that fateful summer morning, you simply cannot forget it. The Aztec has what we are looking for, the turn signal blinkers are encased in a completely different housing and located above the headlights. Simple, right?
Most cars have the blinkers next to the headlights and others have them integrated, so for the purpose of this discussion, the actual bulb and reflective element of the blinker must be completely above the bulb and reflective element of the low-beam headlight. This Nissan Altima above doesn’t cut it.
Standard twister rules are as follows:
1. Only one car per comment (be sure to hit the refresh button on your
browser before you post in case someone else has posted since you loaded
the page). Do not nest the replies, just reply to the main post — if
you reply to someone elses comment it should be in reference to his
comment and not a new submission.
2. You can post again, but only after someone else posts another car.
3. The contest will end at Sunday, May
3rd 10, 4pm PST.
4. One submission per generation of each make/model.
5. Each car must be a running/driving car (no clay model prototypes) and
at least two must have been built of that particular car (no one-offs.)
6. No anonymous submissions — pick a name with the Name/URL dropdown.