1. Zach
    January 25, 2017 @ 2:58 pm

Er, 1991.

Yeah, other than LHD, is there anything that this puppy doesn't do? (Is that shower out back?)

January 25, 2017 @ 3:43 pm

5-speed on the column!?

3. -T.
    January 25, 2017 @ 4:07 pm

Wow!!
    During the develpment of this thing, not one single decision was made taking weight into consideration.

4. Zach
    January 25, 2017 @ 5:27 pm

#noconpromisesotherthanthirst

5. C.J.
    January 25, 2017 @ 6:51 pm

Mileage stated in km, right-hand drive … me thinking this is a Japanese transplant. As noted, very cool and seems to have just about everything in a tidy package, but the RHD aspect makes it a tricky proposition in these here United States. Some cool, low-slung sports car that you cannot otherwise get in the U.S., then RHD becomes an acceptable tradeoff, but for a camper … I don't know.

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2017 @ 7:54 pm

Since when was R&D a bad thing? Aside from the weird stares you get, I can think of any real negatives.

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2017 @ 9:21 pm

*RHD

• BionicTorqueWrench
      January 27, 2017 @ 6:29 am

Concur. Right-hand-drive makes things a little more difficult if you need to overtake someone on a windy dual carriageway. But there will be no overtaking in this. And it makes things more difficult if you are driving a really wide vehicle. But Americans who haven't seen one of these in the metal will struggle to understand just how tiny the Town-Ace vans are. With that side extended, it's probably no wider than a regular American pick-up truck.

6. Bobinott
    January 25, 2017 @ 10:21 pm

I am really surprised that this thing is a 1980. The cab shape, the body-coloured bumper, and the all-wheel-drived-ness make me think there has been some creative paperwork. (**UPDATE** – I just checked the EBay listing, it says 1991. That makes sense)

7. Woodie Man
    January 26, 2017 @ 6:13 am

You'd have to have some short legs to use that composting terlet….jess sayin, jethro

8. Stan Beyerman
    January 26, 2017 @ 9:15 pm

So I look at the photos, and I'm wondering…

If 3 kids (100 lbs ea) start at the left side window, and all run and JUMP! onto the couch when the slide is extended….

…with the van keel over on its side?

I know that's what *I* would have done…

-Stan (who is feeling a bit tipsy today…)

9. misterlou
    January 28, 2017 @ 5:27 am

Could make for a revised version of side-car racing.