1. Bobinott
    May 18, 2016 @ 2:13 pm

What is that ring under the rear bumper? If you pull it, does the car talk?

• David Sanborn
      May 19, 2016 @ 5:27 pm

Japanese tuner culture used to steal the passenger grab rings from the commuter trains and put them on the rear of their cars for some reason or another. Now you can go in most any 'hyaku yen' shop in japan and buy a reproduction for your own questionable uses.

May 18, 2016 @ 2:59 pm

Love the wheels, hate the interior.

3. Bobinott
    May 18, 2016 @ 3:35 pm

Very nice wagon. If it works as well as the seller claims, maybe it is close to being well-priced. That back seat is a throwback (or we wish we could throw it back). I would still want to swap in a 5-speed, but maybe that would not play well with the turbo (which I would happily forego).

4. Brian P.
    May 18, 2016 @ 5:33 pm

My first car. Only mine was blue and diesel. And had about 120 hp less.

5. JB1025
    May 18, 2016 @ 7:14 pm

So has a Ball buster on the rear car has been on half dozen sites 4 sale each time ?
    Price maybe a little high for a small audience just my grumpy 2 cents.

6. Nick Fee
    May 18, 2016 @ 7:40 pm

While I really like this wagon, I don't think I'd shell out that kind of cash for it. Now a sedan with a 5 speed might be a different story.

7. mrkwong
    May 18, 2016 @ 9:18 pm

It's probably worth that money if you're somewhere you can smog it, nice car, less than inspiring engine swap.

8. Chris Keen
    May 19, 2016 @ 12:03 am

Are these actually fun to drive? I'm sure the turbo makes it a little quicker, but my recollection of these (as a passenger – family friend had one, and Burlingame Saab had a late-80s one as a loaner) was they're kind of a Japanese Buick. I know they've got a decent amount of interest in the Japanese classic scene, so those guys must be doing something to them to make them more fun… not trying to trash the car, just curious what's changed since they were made.