1. mrkwong
    September 24, 2014 @ 12:53 am

They work nicely on a 99 but if I remember correctly they're 5in wide, about the widest tire you can reasonably run on one is a 185/65-15 (that's what I had on my 99 eons ago), there are a number of choices in that size over at Tire Rack but many fall into the 'rim protector' category so choose carefully.

September 24, 2014 @ 2:05 am

Does anyone else stare at this and see cycledelic spiral trails and a dinosaur eating a Saab aero?

September 24, 2014 @ 2:25 am

Call the category "Spare Me".

4. kaibeezy
    September 24, 2014 @ 2:30 am

Re my #3 and #1 favorite wheels ever, the definitive Saab wheel page – jpowell.tripod.com/saab-wheels/ – says:

SAAB 99 & 900 EMS Soccerball – Standard EMS wheel (15"x5")
    Very strong. Looks like the Sonett wheel, but is 4-hole. Since it's narrow, it's good for ice racing or snow tires for your 900. Factory installed on 99 EMS & 900 EMS up to 1980. There is also a GLE variant that has gold paint instead of black. Factory installed on 99 GLE & 900 GLE up to 1980.

SAAB 99 Inca – Standard 99 Turbo wheel (15"x5.5")
    Very light, but also very soft. Factory installed on 99 Turbos from 1978 & 900 Turbo 3 doors 1979 & 1980.

FWIW: #2 Pantera, #4 Isuzu waffle, #5 Alfa/Jaguar pepperpot

September 24, 2014 @ 3:39 am

The incas are some of the coolest wheels ever. The soccer balls are, well, the balls. I also dig the directionals on the 9000.

6. mrkwong
    September 24, 2014 @ 7:34 am

Never a big fan of the incas.

My '81 came with the TRX wheels. Remember those?

Was it bad judgment that Saab got suckered by Michelin, or good judgment that they gave up on them after one year?

Got rid of them as soon as I could find something I liked, which proved to be 15x6in Epsilon BBS-style wheels and 205/60-15 Yokohama A008s, which was at the time a pretty exotic combination and a lot more money than I should have been spending.

September 25, 2014 @ 11:05 pm

How about "loose parts" for the category name?
    Although "Loose Parts" is already the name of a pretty funny comic strip.
    JAS

September 29, 2014 @ 11:38 pm

I am surprised no one suggested "daily partismo"