1. DonS
    September 4, 2019 @ 4:03 pm

Being thin people are always asking me if I am a runner – I am not. Having this thing covered with Ironman logos would pretty much force me to become a runner.

Cool Isuzu!

2. David
    September 4, 2019 @ 4:21 pm

These have a very small but cult-like following. His price is about $800 to $1000 to high. Two went to auction on BaT recently., one &7500, one %7350.One was the Iron Man edition, both with less miles.

3. -T.
    September 4, 2019 @ 4:52 pm

I've always wanted one of these. I've never even had the opportunity to drive one. Seems like having a 3.5 would make them rather lively.

4. kidrod
    September 4, 2019 @ 10:58 pm

I've got one with 200k miles (replacement engine) and she's really fun to drive. 215hp is enough to motivate it; handles quite well. Nobody knows what it is, and it always attracts a few people at C&C.

5. doctordel
    September 5, 2019 @ 1:52 am

I’m with Don here. I’d feel like the phoniest of poseurs if I drove this and WAS NOT actually training for an Ironman.

6. Mega Vonza
    September 6, 2019 @ 4:18 am

Somewhere I read that Isuzu planned only a short/limited run of the VehiCROSS as they knew that the body panel stamp dies were going to wear out because they were ceramic. Why they went with ceramic I don't know. Heat related? Someone really into pottery?

I always wondered if the earliest stampings were to the same spec and tolerance as a late stamping if the die was wearing out. Makes you wonder about fit and finish on a late-production Vehicross.

Regardless, these things are rad and mechanically similar to the Trooper so parts are probably not impossible to source.

Even as someone who couldn't finish 1/10th of an Ironman Triathalon, I'd drive this. Who cares? How many people really know about Ironman? Just tell them it's the Marvel superhero or you're just a big Black Sabbath fan. Would you not drive a Bullitt Mustang because you're not actually Frank Bullitt (aka Steve McQueen)?