1. Bobinott
    January 24, 2018 @ 3:30 pm

What an evening of Guinness-fueled debauchery it must have been when this swap was dreamed up! The shiny Stag (possibly with a rod through the block) on one side, and a rusted out TR-6 on the other. The engine hoist sits between the two. Things get hazy…. Our heroes wake up the next morning, surrounded by empty beer cans (with the widgets still rattling around in them)…rubbing their eyes, trying to focus. "Dude, what the f*$% did we do!?!".

• sean scott
      January 24, 2018 @ 5:18 pm

Haha "Stag Party"

2. Powershouse
    January 24, 2018 @ 4:50 pm

We need a like button for comments like this one!

January 24, 2018 @ 5:04 pm

Hardtop described as 'retractable." I'd love to see that thing fit in the boot.
    Tough way to sell a convertible–pictured only with a solid top in place.
    "Cash talks"–I bet this can be had close to $3000.
    Tempting to buy on a lark, but too far away.

4. RyanM
    January 24, 2018 @ 10:25 pm

Ah, this is right down the road from me, but I already have a garage & yard full of [hopeless] 'projects', and the world's most understanding wife… and HOA.

5. hugh crawford
    January 24, 2018 @ 11:02 pm

Lost me at "professionally installed TR6 drivetrain"
    I recall that eventually the V8 engine problems were sorted out, and it is easy to keep them running with the choice of correct oil and coolant being a big deal.

6. Scot
    January 25, 2018 @ 7:01 am

Professionally installed means you paid someone to do the job. Doesn’t mean it’s done well.

That being said the conversion is a common one. Have read that the Stag was designed for it.

The V8 in the stag sounds great. I also like the sound of the six. Think it is a great looking car. Except for originality or a poorly done conversion I would prefer this to a stock one.