1. asher
    March 7, 2020 @ 1:03 pm

It says in the body that it's 169,000 mi. not the 69,000 at the top. Sketch, for sure.

2. Fueltruck
    March 7, 2020 @ 2:05 pm

No sketchiness in the odo, likely an honest typo. I think 169k is the real number. I've looked at a lot of these, and while offering plenty of bang for the buck, they all seem to begin suffering huge problems at approximately this mileage. Plus, rust is a MAJOR issue on this generation of Mazda 3. Look very closely at the doglegs and the hatch. Plus the usual suspects: under the doors, underbody, sills, etc.
    Personally, I'd shy away. A Chevy HHR SS offers similar configuration and performance but without the established problems that we all know and love on both the MS3 and WRX wagon.

3. Woodie Man
    March 7, 2020 @ 6:04 pm

Comes on guys!. Might this be paradise lost? A unicornia not in Californicornia? Given the literate and very unCraigslist like listing I'd take a look for sure…if it weren't in Dantes Infernoe…I mean New Jersey.er Brooklyn.

4. ABikePeddler
    March 7, 2020 @ 6:42 pm

I owned a brand new 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 in metropolitan Gray. I put 84000mi on that car hammering on it all the way. Clutchless upshifts, massive e-brake drifts and I can report it will pull all the way to 162mph (on a closed racetrack of course). Never gave me one problem and Mazda engineers themselves brag about this transmissions ability to take abuse and they weren't kidding. The engine is a torque monster with power down low. You can go second, fourth, sixth right onto the freeway. Personally I never saw anything near high 20 MPG. More like high-teens. But this is about as good a car as you can buy save for the fact it is front-wheel drive which was its downfall in my world.

• DailyTurismo
      March 8, 2020 @ 5:55 am

Imagine how awesome the MS3 would have been if it were rear-wheel-driven? Arrrgg…

5. Partsmanager
    March 9, 2020 @ 6:26 am

Usually New York cars that are ten years old are rusty rusty and crusty, and Mazdas are particularly prone to the rust monster, as well.