1. Matt Cramer
    June 28, 2017 @ 7:48 pm

OK, for the serious answer, I present an assortment of beater Dodge Ram extended cab models. Check them all out in person and pick whichever one's in the best shape.

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00h0h_aRpJE7Jatcz_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

Ram # 1 Ram # 2 Ram # 3

And for the "common sense and practicality" option, here's one with a lot of character and a lot of cargo capacity:

1957 Ford F500 dump truck

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00101_bAXpmOH8hYX_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

• Matt Cramer
      June 28, 2017 @ 7:49 pm

Oops, I meant to call that the "Common sense and practicality are SOOOO overrated" option.

• Matt Cramer
      June 28, 2017 @ 7:51 pm

And this should be the correct link for Ram #2 – it's also the lowest priced one of the lot, so I didn't want to leave it out.

• Unknown
      June 28, 2017 @ 8:25 pm

I vote yes to the dump truck, lots of limbs/mulch hauling capacity. Please let us know what you end up with.

• FTB
      June 29, 2017 @ 12:48 am

Matt, I know I should like the Dodges, but any product from the Daimler/Chrysler era scares the hell out of me…….just an unfair bias I have. Now if you see a sweet 80's era Power Wagon, game on.

2. Pcar928gt
    June 28, 2017 @ 8:52 pm

May not be a pickup truck, but oooozes character!!!
    original suv

3. Pcar928gt
    June 28, 2017 @ 9:33 pm

Character-check!
    Pickup-check!
    No/minimal rust-check!
    Ext cab-check!
    Don't be a lemming(lifted, coal rolling, aftermarket bumper, etc)stock is cool in this case. -check!
    Under budget- check!
    2wd..slippery trail to launch kayak a problem???- maybe.
    If map locator correct, only 15 miles from me if truly interested. Tho..listed on different Craig city???? Hmmm???

Cool Truck

• FTB
      June 29, 2017 @ 12:42 am

Wow….that's a helluva find actually. There's only one real problem with it….it's almost TOO nice to use as I intend to.

• DailyTurismo
      June 29, 2017 @ 5:48 am

Pcar928gt — that is a sweeeet deal. Gonna put that up on the front page tomorrow.

• Pcar928gt
      June 29, 2017 @ 2:29 pm

I thought also too nice for a "yard/beater truck", but crap the price buddy, the price. Anything else I saw, rusted (Damm ohio salt) and rode hard, put away wet..this realy looked like a winner…crap, if I needed another truck and had a parking spot, I'd grab it for 2 bills..why not…

4. kaibeezy
    June 28, 2017 @ 11:47 pm

here you go on NvCL – wooden arm rest! – patina slathered on there like white (ok, some of it is rust-colored) on (red) rice! – F250, 5.8, 4X4, 100k, and $2500

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00b0b_cEyVKeWq2yI_600x450.jpg" width="300px"/] [image src=" images.craigslist.org/00d0d_7v3yusnbcQF_600x450.jpg" width="300px"/]

• kaibeezy
      June 28, 2017 @ 11:48 pm

doh – link – F250 4×4

• FTB
      June 29, 2017 @ 12:42 am

I have to admit, the wooden armrest IS oddly tempting. Thanks for putting this up Vince, and for all the great suggestions so far.

• DailyTurismo
      June 29, 2017 @ 5:50 am

This is my favorite part of DT. Getting people to open up and explain their car needs to the public and watching the commentariat make incredible, terrible, insightful, and enthusiastic responses. I'm not sure if anyone has ever purchased a car recommended in the MWMU, but I know several who've purchased similar cars based on the suggestions from all you guys/gals out there.

• kaibeezy
      June 29, 2017 @ 9:23 am

from the "don't say nice things, you'll only encourage him" department: this F-350 dually on NvCL – high miles but a new crate motor and "not rusted out" – 280k, diesel, $1900 – i bet it's gone by the time you see this

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00i0i_fUFYAgBOEJn_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

• kaibeezy
      June 29, 2017 @ 9:26 am

oops, wrong photo above – well, right truck – i'd call that very acceptable rust

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00m0m_5ePyWyeMPtS_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

• kaibeezy
      June 29, 2017 @ 9:47 am

ok, one more from NvCL – this F-250 5.8 extended cab – not much rust – odometer technically does read 55k, but come on now, pal – 3-finger block of license plate, no effort spared there – assorted weekend projects, but lots of interior room and still a full-size bed – $1700

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00k0k_8Ph7zgI2Nh5_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

[image src=" images.craigslist.org/00B0B_lemM4QjQD17_600x450.jpg" width="400px"/]

5. FTB
    July 3, 2017 @ 11:16 pm

Hola amigos……thought I'd give the rare MWMU follow-up. Appreciate all the great suggestions, but I ended up going with a local 1987 Chevrolet longbed 2wd pickup. 130k miles, limited rust, no A/C, a rattle can white paint job, cut-off muffler, character galore, and a shade over $1000. Runs like a top and my Audi Q7 daily driver hasn't moved from its parking spot in my garage since I got it.

Thanks again fellas!