1. doctordel
    March 24, 2018 @ 1:43 pm

I wish this had more Triumph GT6 and less first gen Ford Probe. I guess the answer isn’t necessarily always Miata after all.

2. Paul Wells
    March 24, 2018 @ 2:59 pm

I wonder if some trim over the edges of the plexi side and back windows to cover up the clunky bolts would help it look more bro and less Fred Mertz?

3. JB1025
    March 24, 2018 @ 3:46 pm

Looks a little 911-ish to me wonder how water tight it is not good for the PNW area.

4. Hunsbloger
    March 24, 2018 @ 9:00 pm

There are a couple of builders out there offering Fastback conversions for Mustang convertibles where the fastback roof is bolted on/off. While nowhere near as radical as this one or the Mustang, I had a '74 TR6 with a removable hardtop and got to the point where I really preferred the look of it when the hardtop was on.

5. August
    March 25, 2018 @ 2:06 am

Well that one didn't last long

6. Bobinott
    March 25, 2018 @ 3:41 pm

I am in the "Miata needed to be a coupe" camp, so this a appealing. I like the look. Too bad the execution seems to be a bit slap-dash. I don't think I have ever seen the official JDM coupe version of the MX-5. Anyone have a link?

• Gianni
      March 26, 2018 @ 5:36 pm

Here's an old Mazda press release. My memory is slipping a bit, it was an NB and not an NA series Roadster.

• sean scott
      March 26, 2018 @ 6:03 pm

Yikes, that looks like it was caught in Lake Springfield.
      [image src=" superawesomevectors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/simpsons-three-eyed-fish-vector-800×566.jpg" width="400px"/]

• Bobinott
      March 26, 2018 @ 9:45 pm

Thanks Gianni. Pretty odd to prepare a press release for a Roadster Coupe and then not include any photos that show the roof…. that's kinda the point of the whole exercise! But your reply gave me a search term, so here is another article about these cars:

Opposite Lock article about Roadster Coupe

• Bobinott
      March 26, 2018 @ 9:48 pm

[image src=" i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s–HHUk8jEe–/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/g0i67oo61bww1bpdnc5q.png" width="400px"/]

• Gianni
      March 26, 2018 @ 10:49 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to polute DT with a link to a Gawker site!