1. doctordel
    April 6, 2018 @ 3:23 am

Oh my. These were just too dang cool for a longroof junkie like me, all sorts of hypersalivation ensued whenever one of these would cross my path. In one of my 17y/o self fantasies, I had two of them. One dropped to the ground on Eibachs, all Tectonic and Neuspeeded out. The other lifted over a 4Motion swap, a hood lined with Cibies and a flywheel that weighed about as much as an evil stare.

April 6, 2018 @ 4:01 pm

Love these and I'm always tempted to pick one up. This is about as pricy as they get. But this is confusing:

"1987 Audi 4000 2.0 5 speed manul 1.8L

Air actuated door locks from Audi"

So, it's a 2.0 or a 1.8? Air actuated? I don't recall Audi/VW using a vacuum system on door locks, especially on a car as stripped down and basic as a Fox.

Plus, I believe the wagon was built for 3 or 4 years. Still, quite rare.

Que?

3. Eduardo Palandi
    April 6, 2018 @ 4:19 pm

Grandma had one back in 1986. Down in Brazil, it was called VW Parati and even had a 2nd generation with a GTi version (how cool is that?)

April 6, 2018 @ 4:37 pm

It had the Dasher engine and transmission still used in production in Brazil. Almost bought a new one in 88 until the dealer called me up the day I was supposed to pick it up and tacked on an additional $1,000 over the negotiated price.

5. Jim Morris
    April 6, 2018 @ 4:51 pm

I went to look at one of these when they were new. It was winter in WI and when I got in to take a test ride, I could not get the seat belt to fit around me and my big winter coat. I have short legs and the seat was moved forward. I was more svelte in those days so that wasn't the issue. Never did drive it, and all I can remember about it was that the dash looked like my answering machine (for you whippersnappers, that's a big machine that sat next to the desk phone and had a tape in it to record incoming messages, black plastic with green and red blinky lights).
    As a longroof guy, I still think they look really cool!

6. Mike
    April 7, 2018 @ 3:06 pm

My first new car out of college was one of these, same color. Loved it but sold it to buy an MG. I’m not smart.