1. AbnMIke
    July 17, 2017 @ 6:58 pm

My wife loves these. She points them out on the road every time she sees one.

Unfortunately she doesn't love them enough to give up the CX-5, and while I'd love one myself, I need a truck.

• MountainMan
      July 17, 2017 @ 8:26 pm

Body on frame…āœ”
      V8….āœ”
      Rear wheel drive…āœ”
      Tow a trailer…āœ”
      It's practically a truck

• AbnMIke
      July 18, 2017 @ 1:51 pm

I have a trailer that I have to use with the Land Rover (it's one of the old military jeep style, but made for the Pingauzer). It's light, big 30" wheels with NATO rims, pintle hitch, small enough to fit in the garage, and loaded up with two dirt bikes I can still pick it up and move it around the driveway.

That said, it's entirely too easy to fill up with crap in the garage to get it out of the way, and is not as easy as throwing a bike in the bed of a truck to go riding, or stop by the landscapers on the way home for a bucket of mulch, etc, etc.

So I need a truck šŸ˜‰

2. doctordel
    July 17, 2017 @ 7:09 pm

So. Damn. Cool.

Honestly, I prob should have bought Kaibeezy's a few years back.

• kaibeezy
      July 17, 2017 @ 9:22 pm

probably still could – just sayin'

3. t-bones
    July 17, 2017 @ 11:47 pm

Wow, that thing is in great shape! hmm, do I ditch my '15 WRX for a '96 Roadmaster???

• DailyTurismo
      July 18, 2017 @ 5:57 am

Get both. My current garage — 04 STI, 94 Roadmaster Wagon, 69 Mustang Fastback. Now i just need a pre-war hot rod.

-Vince

July 18, 2017 @ 2:05 am

Plus it is from the home of Burt Reynolds and his acting school.

Sounds like the impala SS springs are a nice upgrade on these.

• DailyTurismo
      July 18, 2017 @ 6:04 am

I've thought about putting some Impala SS bits and maybe an exhaust/intake on my 94 roadbeast…but…BUT…it somehow ruins the "one finger on the wheel, floating over bumps" style that makes you just cruise. Sometimes I feel like the quartermaster on an old clipper. I'll yell at my passengers "ayye…you, tighten down on that gib line a notch, thar be dark skies ahead". Mostly they look sideways back at me and say things like "Dad…you aren't a pirate". They'll be walkin the plank with any more lip like that.

• kaibeezy
      July 18, 2017 @ 7:46 pm

i've seen that about the springs too, and was tempted, but yeah, it's all stock (except for the headlight upgrade), so leave it be, i say

you should get a sign that says "the beatings will continue until morale improves" – that's my favorite pirate saying

5. parallax_ca
    July 18, 2017 @ 4:11 pm

dont forget the oldsmobile cruiser version as well!

6. Greg72
    July 18, 2017 @ 5:18 pm

I loved mine! One day will own another one- they are more "utility" and in many cases, more "sport" than many SUVs out there today šŸ™‚