1. DRV
    February 13, 2015 @ 6:48 pm

You can remove this if you want, but I got to say this 240 is awfully tempting , even without kids:
    bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-volvo-240dl-wagon-5-0-swap/
    It should end up just over ten if all is right with the world.

• Fleetwood T. Brougham
      February 13, 2015 @ 9:36 pm

Oh no—you just crossed the streams.

[img] forums.accuweather.com/uploads/post-11969-1356703188.jpg[/img]

• TGM
      February 13, 2015 @ 11:00 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• TGM
      February 13, 2015 @ 11:03 pm

Please spare us from mentioning that hoity toity site. I come here instead for down to earth features and people.

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2015 @ 1:31 am

You're just as bad for thinking we are down to earth…

• DRV
      February 14, 2015 @ 4:43 am

I come here for the write up intros. Always funny and nothing to get serious about here….a much more fun group. The Fleetwood comment here is genius .

• DailyTurismo
      February 14, 2015 @ 5:47 am

Great discussion guys — the link to BaT is totally fine, I've been thinking of writing up one of their auction exclusive cars, but I haven't found one that is a good deal. ZING. Okay, I'm joking, there have been a few good deals on cars that fell through the cracks before they added the hidden reserve feature, but . If anyone sees one of the cars nearing the end of the auction for a good deal, send in a tip.
      Final thoughts: On that V8 Volvo, I can't see it worth a dime more than the Yoshifab V8olvo and that car is a perennial sub $10k car. I have it on good authority that the Yoshifab V8olvo has been picked up by someone at Lingenfelter, so you might see it for sale from a new owner with some crazy turbo setup. Bottom line, the market for the V8 sleeper Volvo is currently less than the cost of building one and will probably always be this way due to various market forces that will be the subject of a future diatribe. Steps off soapbox.
      -Vince

2. kaibeezy
    February 13, 2015 @ 7:00 pm

MB R107 SL FTW – red wouldn't be my first choice, valentine's day notwithstanding, but this 89 560SL for $8500 in redwood city looks great – i was particularly impressed the seller said "bring a magnifying glass"

[img] i.imgur.com/RuC7eXI.png[/img]

3. PhiLOL
    February 13, 2015 @ 7:13 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• PhiLOL
      February 13, 2015 @ 7:17 pm

A Westy/Vanagon in good shape (12k miles!) with a four-speed manual. She wants to see the world… or as much of it as we can drive to.
      [img] i.imgur.com/s7hN3Vwl.jpg[/img]

4. RyanM
    February 13, 2015 @ 8:05 pm

My wife passes by the BMW 1600 in the work parking lot every day and says "I want this". I think I won the lottery as far as wives are concerned. Now all I need to do is win the actual lottery so I can afford a 1600, and an Alfa GT Veloce Tipo 105 that she also really wants.

• mrkwong
      February 13, 2015 @ 9:50 pm

Excuse me – your WIFE wants a BMW 1600?

And you're posting here?

Instead of leaving a suitably investigatible trail in the back seat?

Godalmighty, checkbook out and pants down!

February 13, 2015 @ 8:21 pm

My wife wants a Westy or a Tesla????
    I gave her a X5 with a manual. Maybe not the best decision.

• mrkwong
      February 13, 2015 @ 9:45 pm

When she serves you with the divorce papers let me know. Of course, my wife might be interested in that transaction.

Even as a die-hard propellerhead, the X5 gets only middling props from me, we've got one but I'm not sure I'd consider it the right place for a manual-transmission insemination.

6. Sloth
    February 14, 2015 @ 12:40 am

It really comes down to the Woody. Grand Wagoneer Woody to be exact. 4 years ago there were plenty under 10k, haven't looked much recently. It must have red interior because Valentines day.

7. kaibeezy
    February 14, 2015 @ 1:22 am

someone has to comment on that mercedestang up there – "yuck" and "why" seem adequate – the seam on that hood, yuck – click here for a mustang sort of turned into a mercedes – or maybe it's a probe

[img] speednik.com/files/2012/08/chinastang1.jpg[/img]

8. K2 Mystery Car
    February 16, 2015 @ 1:59 pm

I often dream of what I'd buy my wife. But I know that I'd do exactly what I always do – present the research and then get out of the way!