May 12, 2017 @ 9:34 pm

Talk me out of buying a high milage e39 m5! I want one so bad.
    I know it is a bad decision but I figure if I treat it more like a restoration project than a off the shelf car I will be less disappointed.

I was thinking of fixing this one up
    M stands for Money lost

• kaibeezy
      May 12, 2017 @ 9:45 pm

gee, that seems pretty good – lots of work done – where's CFlo?

• Gianni
      May 13, 2017 @ 12:10 am

[image src=" metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/article-1346848996385-14d8f9fb000005dc-43911_636x475.jpg" width="200px"/]

May 12, 2017 @ 9:40 pm

Oh and it is $7,800 on the M5 forum
    M5 forum

• kaibeezy
      May 12, 2017 @ 9:48 pm

"page not found" so that's either congratulations or sympathies – i know a guy in NorCal who's been talking about reducing his carbon footprint – let me see if he's finally ready to sell off his one – yes, E39 M5 – nice one

• sean scott
      May 12, 2017 @ 10:37 pm

2nd try?

m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/559777-2000-faded-avus-m5.html

• Gianni
      May 12, 2017 @ 11:12 pm

The "l" gets you every time…

3. kaibeezy
    May 12, 2017 @ 9:42 pm

i just want to say thanks to everyone who commented in my Matchup thread – i have conditional approval from the CFO pending straightening out some paperwork issues, auditing the pro forma P&Ls, blahdy blah

but if the right opportunity presents itself, i will invoke the principle of it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

like a pal of mine just did, apparently, although all i could make out from what his very exercised CFO was shouting as i crept away from the door was something about "two seater" and "three kids" and "not entirely forthcoming" and crashing noises

• Gianni
      May 12, 2017 @ 10:27 pm

I look forward to seeing what you get (pulling for the Alfa).

May 12, 2017 @ 10:27 pm

I got one. Why is there so much bad taste among Datsun owners? Ridiculous box flares, stupid body kits, awful front and rear spoilers…

The 510 and the 240Z are some of the best looking cars ever built. Most mods are subtraction by addition.

• Zach
      May 12, 2017 @ 11:13 pm

Duh – more=better, it's the american way!

• Gianni
      May 12, 2017 @ 11:13 pm

Because they were once cheap & plentiful?

• Gianni
      May 13, 2017 @ 12:07 am

The cars, not the owners…

• DailyTurismo
      May 13, 2017 @ 6:23 am

Honda S2000 owners seem to be the 21st century equivalent of 70s Datsun owners. The carbon fiber hoods, and stanced wheels are out of control. The S2k is a sublime car from the factory — might just be the greatest 2-seat car ever built at ANY price (yeah…eat that Ferrari) and 1/2 of them have fart can exhausts and giant wings.