1. FTB
    September 10, 2015 @ 3:49 pm

For us children of the 80's, this will always be McCall's car from "Hunter".

[img] i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo334/tommyturbo/Odd%20Ball%20Daytona/vlcsnap-2009-12-16-12h43m55s216.jpg[/img]

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2015 @ 4:25 pm

Gotta love the '80's hair. Grad in '80 and married in '90. Great time/fun cars. GTi ski-machine was my dope.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2015 @ 9:29 pm

Sorry, FTB… that's a Daytona and not a Charger. Different 80s Mopar doing a similar disservice to a respected model name from the muscle car era.

BTW, those Daytonas are extremely scarce today. Haven't seen one in ages. Where did they all go? What was their main competitor? V-6 Mustangs?

September 10, 2015 @ 5:50 pm

I'm impressed that the paint held up on this one. Had the same year Shelby in blue/silver and the clear coat started bubbling 2 weeks off the lot. Not just on the roof where you *might* attribute it to a brutal summer sitting on the dealer's lot next to an Illinois soybean field. It had bubbly spots on damn near every panel. They re-shot it twice under warranty before someone figured out how to get the clear to stick.

Still was way too much fun for a teenager's mom's car. Punchy motor, handled like it was on rails. I burned through those expensive Goodyear Eagles wayyyy too quickly.

Went through 3 shift-linkages though. I think they made the bushing for the stick pivot out of dried out pool noodles.

I still love the look of those wheels.

• Scott
      September 10, 2015 @ 6:20 pm

Oh the shift linkages! Mine did that too!

3. Scott
    September 10, 2015 @ 6:19 pm

I drove one of these in High School but mine was an 85, which is the year they got turbo's. I've never seen one this nice.

It was pretty beat up by the time I got mine, but it was fun when it drove and not too bad on gas. It was a nice light little car.

• mrkwong
      September 10, 2015 @ 6:26 pm

They were falling apart the day they left the lot.

Shopped the Omni/Charger and the Rabbit GTI in '83, even the US-built Rabbit was so much better than the Dodges in material and assembly quality that there wasn't much of a comparison. Okay, yeah, the Dodges were probably faster, but not by enough to make up the build-quality difference.

In the end I bought a used Saab instead.

• Scott
      September 12, 2015 @ 1:30 pm

That was probably the more interesting and better choice. I'd love to drive one of these again, but I'm not sure I'd want to actually own one 🙂

4. Pascal Lachance
    August 20, 2019 @ 8:43 am

Don't worry, Nobody cares … When a start to read something that's starts with « Plymouth Shadow « .. lolll it already lacks any form of accuracy for me to go any further .. BW , The Dodge Shadows weren't good, but the Plymouth Sundance 4 door sport with the 2.5l were good… stable, handled well, great interior et also the «hatchback / sedan looking design was brilliant ( and this is from a ford guy …loll ) And the Plymouths were more reliable than their dodge counterparts. Like, in Canada, the Reliant vs the Aries, previously, in canada , they even continue to sell the Plymouths although the Dodge versions were abandoned same for the Sundance vs the Shadow .. the Plymouths were better assembled .. 😉 and .. So non Plymouth Shadow, MMM..Kay..

5. Pascal Lachance
    August 20, 2019 @ 8:47 am

Don't worry, Nobody cares … When i start to read something that's begins with « Plymouth Shadow « .. lolll it already lacks all form of accuracy for me to even go any further .. BtW , The Dodge Shadows weren't good, but the Plymouth Sundance 4 door sport with the 2.5l were … they were stable, handled well, great interior et also the «hatchback / sedan looking design was brilliant ( and this is from a Ford guy …loll ) And the Plymouths were more reliable than their dodge counterparts. Like, in Canada, the Reliant vs the Aries, previously, in canada , they even continue to sell the Plymouths although the Dodge versions were abandoned same for the Sundance vs the Shadow .. the Plymouths were better assembled .. 😉 and .. So non Plymouth Shadow, MMM..Kay..