1. nidlezp
    March 25, 2020 @ 2:10 pm

I wonder what's on the right side of the exterior of the vehicle that the owner so masterfully tried to avoid.

• Rigid
      March 25, 2020 @ 6:09 pm

Looks like lighter fluid in a grocery bag. Might be the best option for this thing. Drench it, spark it, and stay 6 feet away!

2. j.rolla
    March 25, 2020 @ 3:32 pm

Idk..it doesn't look as awful as I remember them being..there might be something cool you can swap in there..focus rs stuff maybe? I know they made an AWD tempo. Or just buy something cooler for less then it would take to make this cool.

• Matt C
      March 26, 2020 @ 12:36 pm

The CVH motor kept receiving upgrades for a while, ending up as the 2.0 SOHC "Split Port Induction" as the base engine in the Focus. There was also a turbo 1.6 model – not sure if its exhaust manifold bolts on or not. Or you could go with the "I don't know if this bolts in, but it sure would be fun" option like a SVT Focus mill.

3. Woodie Man
    March 25, 2020 @ 4:56 pm

This is definitely an example of the TRUMPVIRUS.

4. uteking
    March 25, 2020 @ 9:18 pm

"Low miles" "33630"

Photo clearly shows 03363.0

Has this person never seen an odometer before? Certain it's over 100,000. Could be over 200,000, except that it's an Escort.

• uteking
      March 25, 2020 @ 9:20 pm

Anyone have a Carfax account? I think you can look up by license plate…

March 25, 2020 @ 9:27 pm

That is the first car I have ever seen where the steering lock is worth more than the car?

6. hugh crawford
    March 26, 2020 @ 7:22 am

seems to be gone already, but there is a convertible 97 Camaro for sale – $360 (Salinas)
    "Cylinder 5 misfire needs work it is 97 v6 3.8 liter"

I monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/salinas-97-camaro-for-sale/7098977199.html

got to tell you there is nothing more fun than a cheap beater american convertible – how bad can it be?

Oh, wait, it's a mashup of "contagion" and "the road" this summer
    , never mind.

7. khtmtb
    March 26, 2020 @ 10:32 pm

I'm not sure what y'all are bitching about… I'm thinking LeMons for $700!

8. Last Days Garage
    March 27, 2020 @ 12:40 am

I would take any hot hatch from the 1980's or 1990's. Colt Turbo, yup, Gti, oh yeah, Escort GT and Turbo GT, without a doubt, Toyota FX-16, you know the answer.
    These are my favorite genre of cars. They are cheap to run, maintain, and modify and have one quality, you can't get anymore; light weight. And that, my fine feathered friends, is the secret to a good time behind the wheel.