1. Hunter
    May 24, 2018 @ 6:37 pm

I want one of these pretty badly. Take it to any old-BMW show and you'll be the most popular guy there.

2. Hunsbloger
    May 24, 2018 @ 6:51 pm

I've know two people who have owned these. One in CA and another in MA. Both loved them.

3. novek
    May 24, 2018 @ 9:48 pm

These are awesome machines. But….as an orphan with very limited parts supply, it's hard to use them as a real travel machine. To many parts made out of unobtainium. I feel similarly about the Clark Cortez. Sweet, but parts availability in the middle of a vacation on an old worn exotic?

My motorhome is on a Chevy Astro chassis. FLAPs is all you need.

• DailyTurismo
      May 25, 2018 @ 5:03 am

novek — yeah, that is a concern, but with BMW power you are only the nearest pep boys away from engine parts and for everything else, get a 3D printer. And if plastic isn't gonna cut it, you can always use your printer to make a mold and cast metal in your DIY furnace.

• Hunter
      May 25, 2018 @ 1:30 pm

LOL, Pep Boys is gonna disappoint you if you think they've got BMW diesel parts. I couldn't get a hold of an oil filter for an e28 with the same engine. Not locally anyway. RockAuto has them. I think many of the non-maintenance parts may have you relying on the dealer, or at least the internet. On the bright side, you can live in this thing wherever you're forced to park it for a week.

4. Rigid
    May 24, 2018 @ 10:22 pm

What does the shift linkage look like on this thing? Stick in the cabin and the tranny a mile behind you? Knowing it is German I assume there is a wildly complicated system there.

• Hunter
      May 25, 2018 @ 1:34 pm

Nope. It's a Renault transaxle. You can find that tranny in a DeLorean, a Lotus Esprit, and… uh… I think that's it for cars that were sold in the states.

5. Car CB Radio
    May 25, 2018 @ 10:01 am

BMW alway is my choice!

6. Bobinott
    May 26, 2018 @ 2:45 pm

"Top speed of 100 mph" – how are you going to hold up a line of cars at speeds like that?