September 20, 2014 @ 12:26 am

"Forget about it" is, like, if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass. Forget about it!" But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it!"

• Hunsbloger
      September 20, 2014 @ 12:48 am

Yup just like another famous phrase starting with F*, its all in the minor adjustments to tone, timing and inflection! Same goes for my personal favorite… Dude. Surprise.. Dude! Disappointment.. Dude:( Happy.. Dude:)!
      And another East Coast favorite, "you're kiddin' " (depending upon locale that's pronounced ya, yah, yawr, yer)

• kaibeezy
      September 20, 2014 @ 1:39 am

And it's more strident variant: AYFKM?

2. JimmyinTEXAS
    September 20, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

At least it was still RWD, and there was an option for EFI, which produced a whopping 195hp compared to the paltry(?) 180hp for the carb'ed model…

3. JB1025
    September 20, 2014 @ 7:28 pm

Better then a cimaron !

• mrkwong
      September 20, 2014 @ 8:08 pm

I don't hate on the Cimarron.

It was a pretty good car, especially in later years with the EFI 2.8 V6.

It wasn't what a Cadillac should have been, but for a GM car of the period it was reasonably well-built and far better than much of the other junk GM was shoving out the door at the time.

I can count multiple friends and acquaintances who went into the '80s driving GM product and came out driving Toyotas, never to go back.

4. mrkwong
    September 20, 2014 @ 7:59 pm

The earlier cars were just too big; much as I could see myself being driven around in a '72 Fleetwood I don't think I'd particularly want to drive one myself. The '73-76 cars did not carry their bumpers well; they were just way beyond any rational concept of usability.

The '77 was a vast improvement in basic size and shape, but from what I can figure GM's labor situation collapsed in '72 and shortly thereafter an edict went out to the production engineers to make sure any new product they came up with could be built by masturbating drunken monkeys.

Here's where the screw's supposed to go, but we'll use self-drilling screws that can go in an inch and a half in any direction from the target and still more or less work.

Panel shutlines? Oh, a quarter-inch is fine, plus or minus a quarter.

If the paint stays on long enough to get it on the train or the truck, then what's left on the car at the other end is the dealer's problem.

We had a Caprice of similar vintage, it was a surprisingly good car in many ways but it took six years to sort out everything that was wrong with the assembly.