1. scot
    December 17, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

~ 'the virtual equivalent lifting paving stones in your backyard on a cool fall day. Each click of the mouse brings a new crop of otherworldly multi-legged insects that flee the foreign sun or writhe in surprise. The anticipation of the next repugnant discovery is more tantalizing than the grisly things found…at least until you discover the Jerusalem cricket of the automotive world.'
    . brilliant, DT. thank you.

2. RyanM
    December 17, 2013 @ 7:46 pm

So $32k for a 5 year old V6 Mustang with a salvage title and questionably styled bodywork? Where do I sign up?

I have no doubts about the quality of the metalwork and the skill of the builder… it just… I can't put a finger on it. There isn't a single angle from which this car looks correctly proportioned. It looks like it took a very long time, I just can't help but think the man hours that went into this thing could have been better spent on more worthwhile projects. But to each his own.

3. P D L James
    December 17, 2013 @ 8:02 pm

KIll it with fire, then bury it and never speak of it again.

4. SOneThreeCoupe
    December 17, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

Do you know why Ford never designed a Mustang that looked like this?

They have eyes. I had eyes, but then they were burned out of my skull and became two black holes after seeing this monstrosity. I'm typing this by muscle memory and have no idea how I'm going to enter the captcha.

Cartoonists for children's shows make up better-proportioned and thought-out vehicles than this. This… this… thing is an affront to all that is good in the world. Leno should purchase it solely to hide it away in a mountain fortress, never to scar someone again.

Also, I dislike Jerusalem crickets as they smell heinous and tend to make unsettling noises when picked up.

December 17, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

Geez this is horrid. All this "work" then it rolls on stock wheels to boot. Shoot me now.

6. James C
    December 17, 2013 @ 8:59 pm

Come on, it's been discounted from $42500!
    If you check out his other projects, he does good work, but I have to echo the sentiments above; maybe it's the angles, but I cannot find a shot that appeals to my eye.
    This, as with all custom vehicles, although you make it how YOU want it, you also have to ensure that it appeals to others (not so unique, which is what I think he went for, that it drives others away), although as we have seen in the past, it only takes 1 interested party to make it work.

7. Tinman
    December 17, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

I'm stuck trying to figure out the significance of the MUIA license plate Mustang Used In Apocalypse? Morons Under Influence of Acetylene? Morons University of Industrial Arts?!

8. Tinman
    December 17, 2013 @ 9:04 pm

How could I have not seen it: Manufactured Under Influence of Alcohol!

• RyanM
      December 17, 2013 @ 9:59 pm

Alcohol, or perhaps more likely, amphetamines. Either way, you have my vote for comment of the day. If there even is such a thing.

9. doctordel
    December 18, 2013 @ 1:23 am

Yes. Yes there is.

We shall call it The COD.

10. RyanM
    December 18, 2013 @ 2:30 am

This just in, apparently Muia is the builder's last name. I know how irritated I get when folks start to stomp on my family name, so perhaps I'll bow out.

The man obviously knows what he's doing… I just wish he hadn't done this. More restomods of obscure/little known classics please, Mr. Muia, no more of this.

• Tinman
      December 18, 2013 @ 5:25 am

I'm sure even DaVinci had some drawings and sculptures that he destroyed so as to save his good name. You build enough custom stuff and one or two are bound to turn out like this one. Never know, it might have been built to a customer's spec and then .."no, thanks" when it was done.

December 18, 2013 @ 8:50 am

How? Did he just say to himself, "I really like the Ford Mustang, but its just not ugly enough." He's so crazy, and I'm so glad people like him exist. He's keeping it weird. I hope he finds someone who loves half as much as he does.

12. ReggisH
    December 18, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

Been appraised at $75,000??? By who, his wife?

13. JB1025
    December 18, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

I need a can of SUPERSIZED RAID !

December 18, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

Hey! Whats with the Trotsky hate? Leon would never have let Mother Russia deteriorate into the giant gulag it became.. Precisely because he wasnt on board with the Stalinists, he got the axe.But go ahead and criticize Picasso, thats okay. Trotsky would have driven this Mustang, it represents the workers product!

December 19, 2013 @ 12:32 am

why did u guys have to do this to my eyes, ouch, it hurts

16. seo services
    January 7, 2020 @ 11:51 am

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. PSL Score Updates