1. kaibeezy
    March 20, 2014 @ 5:52 pm

red tag numbers + blue state name + no other embellishments = massachusetts plates in the background

still winter there, so these photos are from last summer

March 20, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

Once you're inside, it's fine. I've sat in (but sadly never driven) these. Getting in though…

3. Gianni
    March 20, 2014 @ 7:07 pm

Since sales of the Elise were discontinued in the US, the used prices for them have gone up. Looking at eBay completed listings, they appear to go for the mid-30's. I'd be wary of this deal.

4. kidrod
    March 20, 2014 @ 7:24 pm

Looks like the two vehicles are salvaged. So this guy is picking up cars at auction and running a pump and dump.

5. Bobinott
    March 20, 2014 @ 7:31 pm

Hey, no cheap shots about Rob Ford and Doritos. We understand that he is now working diligently to come to grips with the only problem his mummy says he has: his weight.

I hear crack dealers offer weight loss programs that are really effective….

Anyway, this Lotus looks nice in the few photos offered. Am I the only one who noticed what appears to be a Salvage Title. That might explain the low price.

6. Fleetwood T. Brougham
    March 20, 2014 @ 8:09 pm

Rebuilt title. Not too good to be true at all, given that.

March 20, 2014 @ 9:54 pm

Yep for the price that title would not bug me a bit… That kinda takes the collectors and resellers out of this fight. If the repair was minor and done right I'm okay with it. To me this thing begs for a turbo setup anti lag and launch control. Then because of that title one could beat the tar out of this thing get a buddy to pry your tired broken ass out of it and shovel you back into your Lexus and then go have a rest. ….. At least that was the daydream I was just having.

• DailyTurismo
      March 20, 2014 @ 9:59 pm

Lotus sold supercharger kits for the Elise that offered a smog legal modest bump in power (from 189 to 212) but could be turned up a LOT with pulley and chip. It might be cheaper to buy a TRD supercharger for a Corolla/CelicaGTS/Matrix and adapt it for the Lotus since they do share the same 2ZZ engine.

• Fleetwood T. Brougham
      March 20, 2014 @ 10:28 pm

DT, at this stage of the game Sector 111 is probably your best bet for Elise aftermarket performance. $6k for $265 rwhp is pretty sweet. (They have a lot of other goodies too).

8. Bent
    March 21, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

It's not just a salvage title it was a junk title in Texas which means it was a pretty rough hit. The substructures of these cars take a very specific repair type if damaged significantly. I would want this on a frame table and see the receipts for the work done to bring it back from the dead

• JimmyinTEXAS
      March 21, 2014 @ 5:39 pm

I would suspect Hurricane Alex was the culprit. Owner got paid off and it took the insurance company till Oct. to get a salvage title, then off to auction.

9. PeteL
    March 22, 2014 @ 2:25 am

This is about right for a salvage Elise. I have looked at a few and yes, do get a good look at repair work. Interesting that Texas has a junk title and not just salvage. If it means, like stated above, that it was badly whacked, probably not worth the time.