1. scot
    March 31, 2014 @ 12:07 am

~ if i ever decide it's time to move on from my 5.o V8lvo 745 this would be the perfect candidate. maybe not bright red, though.

• DailyTurismo
      March 31, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

Scot – you will sell your 5.0 V8lvo to me……that is all…

-Vince

• Zach
      March 31, 2014 @ 5:49 pm

Scot – did you end up getting that interior that was available in Denver for your 745?

• scot
      March 31, 2014 @ 10:03 pm

~ no, Zach — i talked with him a couple times, and figured shipping for the front seats [it was from a sedan so the rear would have been less useful] then i got consumed by building, moving, assembling a new shop, ongoing landlord/tenant issues, and i-don't-know-what-all. i do still have his phone # and am still working towards that end. a buddy has 2x 740 wagons on his lot; a '88 w/ electric glitch & a '93 w/ cloth guts but a big [nickel size] cigarette burn on the passenger seat. if i had time and space i'd drag them both home, but….. thanks for the tip, Zach. the guy was a very interesting V-head. if he was across town we'd be beer drinkin' buds.
      Vince, i'll mark you down for first dibs! there are a fair number of local gear grinders who have admired it. you'll be impressed when i get it a little further along. i'm debating whether to beef up the AOD or source a T-56 and pedal assembly. decisions!

• Zach
      April 3, 2014 @ 12:15 am

Sounds good scot – was curious. I picked up a set of new, OEM-type front seat covers for my '92 245 from this guy – ebay.com/usr/swedish*auto*lamps*for*less?_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754 – quality looks quite good though I've not installed them yet. They don't have any listed for 740s, but you might give them a call to see?

March 31, 2014 @ 3:18 pm

This is actually one of the darker reds in BMW's palette. Very nice and understated as far as reds go.

March 31, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

Read the seller's meticulousness, both in the build and its description. $15k is a steal for a car built by an absolute Munich freak.

• scot
      March 31, 2014 @ 10:18 pm

~ That was my take-away, too, slowGlol I'd always prefer to spend a bit more money from a certifiable OCD patient, than save a couple bucks with 'Mr Good-enough'. That's the sort of seller who is glad to hear from you when you encounter questions about his modifications. I've had a lot of help from the father/son team of engineers who built the V8lvo, and also from Ross Converse, an obsessive in his own right. This 'hobby' is the place to make good friends.

4. scot
    April 3, 2014 @ 5:23 am

~ I looked through there store but I will call and chase something down tomorrow. Let me know how the covers fit your 240 seats. Good luck.