September 10, 2014 @ 3:08 pm

You've completely missed the point of this car. This is a street legal rendition of a classic drag car. It's a modern throwback to the era when the Vega was a common sight at the dragstrips across the country. The wheels, tires, stance, and automatic tranny are all appropriate and, for the drag enthusiast, appreciated. You're looking for a twisty backroad runner in the wrong place. This is a straight line tire burner.

• DailyTurismo
      September 10, 2014 @ 5:33 pm

Anon – You got me, I'm not a big fan of the dragster look, but de gustibus non disputandum est notwithstanding, the wheels are barbaric, particularly the way the rears stick out past the fenders. This has not been a good look since Ben Hur was riding around in the Colosseum, and this car would be much better presented with a set of wheels that fit — like this.

Finally, this sort of comment is great, you should pick a name so we get to know you better. Just click the reply as drop down menu and select the name/URL option, no need to register. I suggest Pro-Street or Dragsterymous…

Thx,
      Vince
      DT Editor-in-Chief

September 10, 2014 @ 3:24 pm

My father swears that the best dollar per miles he has ever had was from a Vega. Bought it new for something like $2,300 and put 180k on it. I Veg-uely remember it having a poop green exterior and green plaid interior.

3. Adam
    September 10, 2014 @ 4:41 pm

The notchback with Minilites would absolutely be my choice, but I think "Anonymous" above has it right. This is a street rod/dragster build which the right buyer will appreciate. On the other hand, this ad has been up for several weeks so maybe you're right.

4. BenGhazi
    September 10, 2014 @ 5:21 pm

Build date? If you built it THEN, kept it dearly, and posted TODAY, your all right.
    (Dated a girl in HS from Larchmont. Had a Vega. Remarkable ride quality.)

• mrkwong
      September 10, 2014 @ 10:12 pm

Ride quality [beavis] heh, heh [/beavis]

5. JB1025
    September 10, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Bought a new 1974 Vega GT same orange as this one cost $3400.00 out the door less then a year later the motor was going thru oil found a 75 Buick V -6 out of a 1975 Skyhawk with 500 miles on it from a wrecking yard for $600 bucks only thing i needed was a bellhousing as the clutch componets are the same. Sold the old motor for $300 as it ran fine just was using oil like they all do. Cheap fix as it cost me about $400 Did it myself with a buddy was pretty quick and great MPG.

6. mrkwong
    September 10, 2014 @ 10:10 pm

You will never at this point turn A into B.

The V8 Vega crowd wants to be Grumpy Jenkins, or at least they thought they did. It's probably tubbed and wearing ladder bars underneath.

Frankly, I have some fondness for the early cars, though I'm not into the '70s Pro Stock look either. The pre-bumper versions were a beautiful shape, at a time when GM seldom did anything but beautiful shapes, but all that started to fall apart in the early '70s, and the big-bumper slat-nose 74-on Vegas are reprehensible.

7. D-f'in-Wood
    September 12, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

No wheelie, no care.

8. BURNEMUPUS ASFAULTUS
    September 9, 2017 @ 2:49 pm

Get in, plant right foot and proceed to smoke those monster tires & YOU will see the point……..